The Pediatric Ophthalmology & Strabismus department of Ispahani Islamia Eye Institute & Hospital (IIEI&H) provides standard medical and surgical management of various congenital and acquired childhood eye diseases. In addition to this, the department also deals with the management of all kinds of childhood cataracts, and misalignment of the eyes, for all age groups.
The department played a pioneering role in the field of pediatric ophthalmology in Bangladesh and was established in the year 2000.
Eye development starts at birth and it is important to continue monitoring the vision of children throughout their early years. IIEI&H pediatric team is available to provide treatment (when required) with care and attention to help the child on this journey.
- management of all types of pediatric cataracts and aphakia
- refractive services
- management of amblyopia
- management of Infantile epiphora / CNLDO
- squint in children and adults
- management of allergic and other types of conjunctivitis in children
- management of Nystagmus (jerky movement of the eyeball)
- comprehensive pediatric eye diagnostics
- other hereditary and congenital eye diseases for example, Down syndrome, Ocular albinism, etc.
- management of pediatric asthenopic complaints, for example, headache, eye-ache etc.
- sophisticated eye diagnostics, for example the Hess screen test, Diplopia test, Color vision test ( D15 hue discrimination test)
Dr. Mastura Khatun
Dr. Mostafa Hossain
Dr. Sidratul Muntaha Naznin
Dr. Quazi Sazzad Iftekhar
Dr. Shifat Toufique
Dr. Md. Tarikul Ahasan